Friday, March 7, 2008

Sick of the City

I'm so sick of this city. I'm ready to get out of here now. This morning on my way to work, I actually stayed awake on the bus. I was looking out the window as the bus rode alongside the railroad track embankment. This embankment was cleaned up a few months ago from trash, but already, there's more trash than there was before it was cleaned up. You can't look a few inches without seeing bottles, chips wrappers, or newspapers. It's disgusting! Any other place I have lived, nobody would put up with that. I even saw a guy last week drinking out of a paper cut and when he was done, he threw it in the road. There was probably a trash can less than 20 feet away because he was working outside an apartment complex.

The other day, I was on the subway platform waiting for the train. I was reading a book I just bought, and there were about 3 or 4 teenagers yelling really loud, just talking to each other. They were the type of people I wanted to stay away from, so I purposely got on a different car of the train. When the train stopped at a station, they got off and started yelling and laughing at somebody who was "different" in my car. They were arguing back and forth with this person. It was so frustrating, I just want to be in a normal place where everyone is happy and friendly.

No comments: