Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Initiation

Last night was a mass that celebrated the sacraments of initiation for all the college students in the diocese of Buffalo. Nate had 3 students receiving sacraments. One student was baptized, one received her First Eucharist and Confirmation and one was confirmed. You should have seen these girls. I noticed it most in the girl who was baptized, but all three of them were amazing. They were on cloud nine. They were so excited to be fully received. One girl described a sort of energy that was alive in her. I'm looking forward to mass on Sunday to hear their testimonies and hear more about their experiences. Being with all the students receiving sacraments last night was just inspiring. Twenty-six students in the diocese have chosen on their own to confirm their faith by receiving the sacraments. Makes me think, what can I do to confirm MY faith if I've already made all my sacraments? Something I need to seriously think about...

No comments: