Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ding-a-ling!

This is really exciting. I got a call from the music director from church last week. She asked me if I wanted to join the handbell choir. How cool is that! We had our first practice yesterday. I had no idea how difficult it could be. Imagine taking a difficult piano score, with lots of notes on both treble clef and bass clef and playing only one or two notes at a time. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but it's so weird. It was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to playing some more. Our first concert is November 6th, I think, whatever that Sunday is. Thankfully she gave me a part in the bass clef so if I mess up, it's not part of the melody and it probably won't be as noticeable, or at least I'm hoping that's the case. This is just what I was looking for, something fun to get involved in. I just wish there were a few more people my age there. The director calls us her ding-a-lings. Ha ha!

2 comments:

cary's girl said...

Have fun with it! Handbells are a lot of fun - I did it for a couple of Christmas's as Saint Joe's.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!