Monday, September 24, 2007

Fun-filled weekend

We had a busy weekend this past weekend. We wanted to do something fun on Friday night so I went to rent a movie that my husband's uncle had been recommending. It was called Without a Paddle. He said one of the character's REALLY reminded him of my husband. Well Blockbuster only had it in stock to buy previously viewed. Not being a big movie couple, I didn't know what to do. Since uncle had recommended this to everyone in the family, I took the risk and decided we could pass it around the family. The movie was pretty unrealistic, but I laughed a lot. I thought it was good.

Saturday composed of us volunteering at a local park getting rid of invasive species. We were cutting down mulberries and buck thorns and hauling them to the trailhead. We spent about 4 hours doing this. It was a lot of fun and very rewarding, though, very hard work. It was great to see the progress we made. When we got home we both collapsed. The rest of the day consisted just of us playing some "new" Nintendo games I bought for us on eBay. I bought the Legend of Zelda and Ms. Pacman. They were so much fun, but I don't know if it was a good idea or not because we both got Nintendo magnets and didn't want to do anything else.

Sunday I meet with my Sunday School teaching partner. I start teaching kindergarten next weekend. I'm so excited and scared, but I think it'll be a good experience. After that, we went home and did some house work a little
bit, then played some more Ms. Pacman. That game has a feature where you can play 2 players cooperatively instead of competetively, so you have Pacman and Ms. Pacman playing on the screen at the same time.
That was so much fun, I couldn't believe how much we played. We didn't do much after dinner, just grocery shopping and research
on a digital camera since ours decided to stop working.

It's also been nice to have our dishwasher working now. We bought a portable dishwasher on craigslist last week and have run it 2 or 3 times. We cleaned it and fixed it up a bit and it works
like a charm. It's got a little leak that we're exploring where it's coming from, but I think we'll eventually find it and take care of it. The only thing left we'd like to do now with it is to find a splitter for the kitchen faucet so we don't have to unscrew the water filter everytime we want
to use the dishwasher. Not a big deal, but a minor in convenience.

Over the weekend, my baseball team clinched their division title for the first time since 2001. Congratulations, Cleveland Indians. I know I say this every year and I don't want to jinx it again, but for my birthday this year, I'd like to see you guys win the World Series, okay? I'm turning 30 on October 24th, so see what you can do for me... I've been surprised how well they have been doing this year. I thought for most of the year that they were just decent, but in the past few weeks I've been keeping an eye on their record and that of the rest of baseball. Today they have the best record in all of baseball by 1/2 a game. They can definately go all the way. There's a few players who have World Series experience and there's a quite a few veterans on the team who have been there for a while even if not in the post season. I think they've worked together long enough to be able to do it.

No comments: