Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I saw some pretty crazy things this week outside my window at work. I have the good fortune of having a great view down the river. Walking past the window earlier on Monday, I looked outside as I normally do. There was a barge floating on the river, that was in the process of turning around. It wasn't an ordinary barge though. Imagine a barge with a lid, so it had a flat top. On top of this lid was, of all things, a boxing match. It was complete with a boxing ring, two fighters and a ref (or judge, whatever you call them in boxing). They were promoting the 2007 Boxing Championship that must obviously be coming up soon. Strangest, most random thing I've ever seen.

So that led to conversations of REO Speedwagon giving a concert on the river. I LOVE REO Speedwagon! Lots of people at work were joking about those old-timers, but I still enjoy listening to their music. In fact, they are on my Ipod. :) The concert was for the radio station in the building next to mine and it was set for this morning. I heard it was going to be crazy. Well, I walked over on my way to work and checked it out. There were a lot of people there, but it wasn't a wall-to-wall crowd.
 I actually got a spot on the wall of the river where I had a pretty good view. The sound wasn't so 
good where I was, but I did get to hear some good songs. The first one they played when I was there was a new song. I did get to hear "Time For Me to Fly" and "Keep On Going" and part of
another song I recognized, but didn't know. I was already late for work, so I had to leave.

So to commemorate this event, I tried out my new camera phone. I finally activated it this weekend and am still learning it's features. I took a couple pictures of REO Speedwagon. The pictures are pretty poor quality and you can't even tell who is in it, but you can see the boat they are on and some of the crowd on the boat. I'm proud of myself that I figured out how to take the picture, then somehow transfer it to my computer. That was an amusing experience. :)  But here's the picture. It's "time for me to fly".

No comments: