Tuesday, September 11, 2007

VMA

So the talk this week has been the flop performance of Britney Spears at the Video Music Awards. I watched the video, yeah, it sucked. She had no enthusiasm and looked like it was the first time she was performing. She looked so nervous and her moves were done so conservatively compared to the people dancing in the background.

But what bugs me most about the talk about her performance is the criticism on the way she looks. Everyone is saying how fat she is. Yes, she had 2 children in the past 3 years or so.  What do you expect her to look like? She's still beautiful and she's DEFINATELY not fat. She's a little larger than she used to be, but I think she looks healthy. From what I could see, she didn't have any fat flopping around as she danced, so it wasn't disgusting. She looked a lot better than I do! Okay, she didn't have the most flattering outfit on, since she has gained some healthy-looking weight, but if she wore something that covered her up, she'd be criticized for that. No matter what she wore, it was a lose-lose situation. I commend her for going out there and doing her thing and trying to make a name for herself again and forget the whole K-Fed time of her life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Britney Spears, but I think people are WAY to critical of her and it's those things that prompts her to lose it and do crazy things like shave her head or go to Vegas and marry a childhood friend. Hollywood life is tough and the people of America are harsh on our "icons". Give her a break.

No comments: